1300 696 266
1. What is the durability of Nanoman products?
This depends on the surface to be sealed. Please read the detail product information for facts about Nanoman sealants.
2. Are there different ways of applying sealants?
Yes, it depends on the surface to be treated. Some products can be applied by hand, e.g. car glass. Others need to be applied by using a spray pump, e.g. wood & stone.
3. Is the sealant harmless to skin?
Nano sealants have been tested by an independent institute and were designated to be harmless to skin.
4. Are Nanoman products harmful to health?
When used as specified, there are no known problems. In fact several products meet food safe requirments.
5. Can Nanoman be applied outside in the winter?
Yes, if completely dry and at least 4° Celsius.
6. Does frost or heat do any damage to the sealed surface?
The Nanoman sealant is absolutely frost and temperature resistant.
7. How can I seal large surfaces – by hand or by using a sprayer
It doesn’t matter which way the sealant is applied. Around the house the best thing to use is a sprayer and then polish the surface with a micro fibre cloth; and for larger outdoor areas a mechanical sprayer
8. Can I apply Nanoman products on surfaces that have been sealed with other products?
Yes, but the surfaces should be pre-
9. Is Nanoman Windscreen resistant to frost?
10. How long does it take Nanoman Windscreen to take effect once applied?
The sealant should be left for at least 60 minutes, but works best if left for 12 hours
11. Do I have to pay attention to the weather when applying the sealant?
Yes, avoid rain or freezing conditions. Direct sunlight should also be avoided.
12. How do I clean the windscreens treated with Nanoman Windscreen?
Aggressive cleaners can damage the nano sealant. We recommend cleaning the windows only with water or mild detergents which are solvent and surfactant free.
13. What should I do if the repellence ability fades away over time?
The windscreen can then simply be sealed again using a further application.
14. What makes Nanoman different from other fabric enhancements?
Traditional treatments use chemical coatings to give the textiles performance characteristics. Instead of overwhelming the fabric with a heavy coating, Nanoman products are enhanced through the use of nanotechnology – tiny molecules that permanently attach to fibres without clogging the fabric weave – to add superior performance characteristics without compromising the look, feel or comfort of the fabric. The fabric remains breathable and is bacterial static.
15. Is Nanoman Textile & Fabric self-
No, there are no self-
16. How do the textiles have to be pre-
Washing powder remains need to be completely removed. Before applying Nanoman, wash the textiles only with water to remove any washing agents remaining on the fabric.
17. Do I have to seal textiles on both sides?
Not necessarily, but it is important to seal the fibre completely.
18. Can I dry sealed textiles in a tumble dryer?
Yes, tumble dryable textiles can be put into a tumble dryer.
19. Will the breathability and grip of the textiles affected?
Breathability and grip of the textiles won’t be affected when using Nanoman.
20. Does it protect colours against UV radiation?
The product is UV stable, but doesn’t protect colours against bleaching and fading.
21. What are the recommended cleaning instructions for garments made with Nanoman?
Wash the garment as you would any other garment, following the care instructions provided on the manufacturer’s care label. Maximum water temperature 60° Celsius. There will be no need to wash above 60 ° Celsius when sealed properly. Normally washing at 30 or 40 ° Celsius is enough to clean the treated textiles. Only a little washing powder is needed, because the fibres are not as dirty. Don’t use washing agents with surfactants/detergents that damage nano particles. Liquid softeners are not recommended.
Dry cleaning is not recommended for Nanoman treated fabrics. The chemicals found in typical dry cleaning solutions contaminate the fabric and can negatively affect performance and mask the technology
22. The repellence effect has faded away or decreased – what do I need to do ?
After several washings, the repellence effect on textiles can decrease. In this case the textiles can be sealed again. Sometimes remains of washing agents can adhere to the textiles, which interrupts repellency. When the textiles have been treated with a strong washing powder, the repellence ability disappears, but the fibre protection remains. Through washing again with clear water and drying afterwards, the repellence ability will be re-
The repellence ability can decrease through contaminants. In this case simply clean the surface with a mild cleaner and wash thoroughly. The repellence ability will then be re-
23. What happens when I use abrasive bathroom/kitchen cleaners after sealing?
Abrasive bathroom/kitchen cleaners damage the sealant. Use only water and and a damp cloth -
24. What needs to be done when some of the product gets on the rubber seal while sealing the window?
25. While sealing the sink, some of the product got onto the stainless steel fittings. Can this cause any damage?
No. You can also seal the tap with the ceramics sealant, but it won’t last as long as if treated with the stainless steel sealant.
26. How do I clean Nanoman treated stainless steels objects?
As with any other treated surface, just use water and a damp cloth.
27. Can I apply Nanoman products in sanitary rooms?
Yes, but you should pay attention that the there is no high humidity in the room while applying the treatment.
28. How long does it take for Nanoman coatings to set?
Nanoman coatings be left to set for at least 60 minutes, but is more effective if left for 12 hours. During this time the surfaces should not be exposed to humidity.
29. Are there any other conditions?
30. What can I do if the ‘easy-
Clean the surface. If the effect is still not reproduced after cleaning, simply seal the surface again.
31. Does Nanoman prevent the adhesion of mould?
Yes mould adhesion eliminated.
32. Is the grouting damaged when sealing tiles?
No. Grouting will not be damaged.
33. Can I use the Nanoman Glass & Ceramic Coat on dishes?
Yes. Nanoman needs to set for at least 1 hour, preferably for 12 hours. Dishes are easier to clean and less washing up liquid is needed.
34. Can I use Nanoman Stainless Steel & Metal Coat on car rims?
Yes It can be used on all steel, alloy and chrome wheels Just as with all Nanoman treatments, the surface to be treated needs to be clean, dry and grease free.
35. Can I remove a Nanoman sealant ?
Yes, all products will be removed by mechanical wear, but this is more difficult with the stone and timber treatments.
36. Do Nanoman nano products emit any pollutants?
No, most of our products are water based.
37. What needs to be done if the coating has been damaged?
In the case of damaged coatings, simply treat them again.
38. Do any pollutants get into the water when Nanoman products wear off?